Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lethargic

It's 5am. I've just returned home from work and for reasons unknown I've decided to read some of my poetry from YEARS ago. Probably close to 5-6 years. Anyways, here is a piece that I just read, and I like it still.

For A Moment

For a moment I thought you were beautiful
I pictured you with wings
And I could feel the tears on your head as you kissed my neck
Your head nuzzled into my chest when I promised not to leave
I kissed your forehead.

For a moment I thought you were perfect
I pictured you transcending everything you hated
And I could see you smiling for miles in the darkness
You clean your body like you can somehow wash away everything you hate about yourself away
I watched you and amazing you were.

For a moment I thought you were insane
I pictured you locked up in a jacket
And I could see you happy to be safe in the patted room where no one could hurt you
You broke down and talked yourself into a frenzy
I look at you and I see myself.