Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Couple Thoughts and a Couple Pics

I took a walk through Central Park tonight. I took a few pictures, and I wrote a little bit as well. I just got a new camera, so I'm actually really surprised to see how much I enjoy these pictures. They remind of a few things that I sometimes forget. Just breathe.




AN UNEXPECTED CONVERSATION

I was talking to my doorman
It was all about relationships
My issues
My past
He was once engaged and it all fell apart
He misses cuddling
To hear this from a straight man I was taken back
And I miss the comfort of cuddling too
I miss knowing what I'm coming home to
I said I was picky
And when I do actually fall for someone
I fall hard
I fall so hard that I'm hurt before I've touched down
He said I must be looking for prince charming
I laughed at the irony of his exact words
And I said yes
Simply and truely
I want the nonexistant
The perfection
But my perfection isn't really prince charming
My perfection is my idea of prince charming
My idea is rubbing my knee at dinner
Holding my hand
And my body so close that it feels like we are breathing as one
He tells me hi in the middle of the day
Just because I ran through his mind
He tells me I'm beautiful
Even when I'm sick
And always wants to hold me after sex
I don't need a white horse
Or a million dollars
Maybe flowers out of nowhere
Or a kiss on my forehead is enough
I don't need you to be perfect
Perfection is overwhelming
And I know I'm a little crazy
So just let me be the one to bring the crazy to the table
I'm up in the air
So I need a little grounding
But allow me to fly at times
Support my dreams
And tell me not to panic
Everything is ok
Remind me to breathe
And I'll remind you that you're my prince charming




QUIET

Sometimes I just feel the quiet
I can see things going on around me
But nothing is really happening
To me
I can be on top of the world
And then on top of nothing
I can be out of head
And back in a moment
Where I didn't even feel it happen
I think this is kind of what it feels like to be an artist
Or maybe I'm over thinking it
And it's just what it feels like to be human