Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Learning to Dance

I'm not embarrassed to say, it's been a rough day. 


Learning to Dance

I move too fast
I miss the beats
Before I know what's happening
Before I can hear it
There are two tracks playing
I'm spinning to mine
Lost in ecstasy
Then there's the other
The one where everyone else grooves
I can't seem to catch the beat
I'm too mixed in my own trance
Before I know it
Before I can see it
You're dancing away from me
Teach me the steps
Show me how to lead
And when to follow
Take my hand and guide me
I know I spin in circles
Tapping on a wire that sets you free
I want a dancing partner
Someone who can't wait to feel my body collide with theirs
Feel my sweat drip
Don't let go of my hand
Stare at the stars lighting the floor
A full moon watching us with open eye
Our feet twist and turn
Blending and smashing with every rhythm and rhyme
The same energy follows through me as you
We are puppets on the same string
And nothing can stop you from wanting me
Closer
I can feel your heart beating
Closer
The breath from your body intoxicates me
Closer
I take the lead
And we move with freedom
Within you I see peace and we move together
So free
I move too fast
I miss the beats
And before I know what happening
You're dancing away from me

Too

I'm too proud to tell you I miss you
I'm too strong to say I still care
I'm too frail to shake myself awake
I'm too scared to let go
I'm too good at making excuses to deal with the facts
I'm too angry to tell the truth, to myself
I'm too filled with thoughts to even speak
I'm too busy running to see the world
I'm too willing to fall to your feet
I'm too perfect to feel like this
I'm too alive to allow myself to frown
I'm too ambitious to hold myself down
And I'm too proud to tell you I miss you
I miss you. 

No comments: