Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Post of 2008

In the park
Under the stars
Sometimes I can feel the magic errupting around us
Inside of us
You and me
We will change the world
Me and you
One day they'll all see
Snow banks
Dreams and aspirations
Flakes fall
Lost souls of imaginations drift close to earth
I'd paint myself for you
Half of me as you
Half of me as me
Drain ourselves just to be
Whatever it means to be
Lost and unforgotten
What is it we are so afraid of
You and me
Mainly me
Because I know you
And you'll continue
I don't think you know yourself as well as I know you
If you did then you'd be happy
You'd be in love
You'd see your light
Sometimes it's so bright
I can't see
I can't
I can't
That's what I like about you
One of many things
Sometimes you're so bright
So full
Undying
But I get it
I know everything about how you feel
I know everything about every tear you've shed
My one wish for you is that you'd see
That you'd not run from your reflection
That you'd let him go
That you'd let yourself go
I wish I could cut your cords
I wish I could save you
We think alike
So I get it
I get it
Why do we always feel like we are rotting
Unearthing
Crumbling
Constantly climbing
Slipping
Holding onto invisable ropes
Rain falls
We feel cleansed
But it's fleeting
Just like most other things
And this too shall pass
We just need to wait
Wait and see
So stay
And it's ok
Cry
Cry yourself to sleep
Don't stop
Scream
Let the water overflow and melt you away
Breathe it in
Just take it all in
All we have is today
So just breathe
Breathe it all away

No comments: