Sunday, December 28, 2008

4 new poems

Here is small set of poems that I wrote over the last week. Trying something new with them. They would all still need to be re-worked, but here are the bare bones.


Obsessive

Obsessive
Compulsive
Captivating
In line
And towing
Somewhat meditating
You're so beautiful when you're drunk
And you're drunk
All the time
So compulsive in your trust
Obsessive in your yearnings
Captivating and corrupting
Why are the seas never the same after you drift away
Forever and nothing
Anywhere but here with me
A signal unknowing
Again at my knees
With this stake in my back
And my pulse quickening
I stare up for the answers
The answered
I find nothing
Drifting and dreary
Dreaming and framing your face in my mind
Arts and crafts
Undelivered
I took all these pictures for you
Wrapped my windows for you
Cleared out my space
Hid in the doorway and waited
Protected
Protesting
You came and you left
The storm flew through
My body detached and enduring
Obsessive
Compulsive
Captivating
In line
And towing
I'm somewhat meditating
I'm beautiful when I'm drunk
I wish you only saw me drunk all the time

Every Line

I look for myself in every line
Every space could be my face
I read and learn and listen
But now it's just changed
All the freedom has been sucked away
I look for myself in every line
Some new way for judgement
Something new to say
A simple look and a nose turned away
All is fair when we all play games
Twisted and tightened and fastening
I look for myself in every line
Its become a new addiction
One I can't get enough of
Winding roads
Turn to twisting lies
Blindsided and unthoughtlessness
I look for myself in every line

500

I spent 500 days with you
That's how long it took
500 days to want you gone forever
500 nights to never want you anywhere near my bed again
500 nights swallowing all your shit
Your reasons
Your excuses
It took 500 nights for me to walk away from you
500 I love yous that I never meant
500 tears
I don't care if I ever see you again
It took me 500 days to see I'm better then you
500 tries and finally I'm gone
Your bags are packed and in 500 more I'll have forgotten you ever existed
I'll smile and I'll spin
I'll grab and pour
500 days with you
That's all it took
A partial life time to know you don't matter
To anyone
500 good-byes
I've been leaving since the day I met you

Fireworks

You taste like magic
My fingers spark
A million fireworks over your skin
Your eye burn like fire
They keep me warm
All over my body
Smooth
Your skin is silk
Drape yourself over me
Cover me in all the stars in the sky
Snap
Remember this moment forever
Snap
Blue highlights every inch of your muscles
Every fiber of your being
Twist
Turn
I'm cradled up
You taste like magic
My fingers spark
A million fireworks over your skin

No comments: