Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Things You Already Know



Thing You Already Know

You know how I feel about words
They don't mean a thing
You've proven that straight forward for yourself
Your attempts are discontinued wishes
You've been given more chances then you earned
And I'm done passing out waivers
And I'm not thrilled by your half ass trying
You should have thought about that earlier
And there is nowhere else to go when you're at the bottom
So maybe that's all you could muster up
Clearly not your strong point
Why do you think your words would mean anything to me now
They obviously meant nothing when you said them before
And what's a rose
Don't you know I get flowers all the time
This isn't some fairytale
You're going to need more then a rose
More then some cliche "I'm sorry"
If it makes it better
Just know I'm sorry too
I thought you could be more
I thought u were different
I endowed you with enchantments you didn't own
I think it's beautiful the way you try to reason everything away
Haven't you learned
Just because it can be explained
It can't be erased
You can't explain away the emotions you are desperately trying to extinguish
Reasons for this
And reasons for that
You're just creating your self fulling prophecies
I remember you telling me everyone is still single and alone because they are searching for something that doesn't exist
It made sense then
And now I know first hand it's true
What is it that you think is missing
It's not as if I looked into your eyes and knew
Or that I ever did
There were compromises I was choosing to make
Imperfections I was over looking
I'm not going to be over 30 and searching in the dark for invisible happiness
And things that don't exist

No comments: