Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2 Poems

I've been trying to write other things then poems, but it seems like everything that comes out is bs. So here are a couple pieces I've been working on. I started a new painting, so I hope to have pics up of it soon. Hopefully a couple days, I'm having trouble finding EVERYTHING I need for it though.


Staying Afloat

We're in the same boat
You and I and our Fridays have been amazing
Both trying so hard to keep afloat
I think maybe we could heal each other
But all this talk of healing and overcoming
We are both just sick of it
I'd make it better for you if I could
I'd change history
But I haven't figured out how to travel time
You'll be the first to know
But I can already see you wouldn't change a thing
I've said it before
So I'll say again
Sometimes you've just got to ignore people to save yourself
It's such a cliché
The way we are undeniably the same
I miss out college pact
How no one was good enough to even be our friend
When did we start selling ourselves so short
Sometimes I still feel like it's you and I against the world
Just you and I to save the planet
Another student film to show we have emotions
Another painting to show we have color
Another heart broken to control our own pain
I've just got enough saved for a Mexican meal that will somehow save my day and keep me at bay from myself
I'm glad we've still got each other to cling to
And I'm glad you've started to drink
We both needed another friend in hand.

"You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch him now, here he comes"
-The Killers "When You Were Young"


I Realize I Couldn't

I couldn't look in your eyes
I couldn't keep my head up
I can't put your heart at rest
I can't help you sleep better or stop your anxiety
I can't give you peace of mind
And it's not my job to fix you
I can't solve your problems
I can't make you love yourself
I can't stop you from using people
And I refuse to be a part of your world
You were still a mess in the morning
I'm finding I can't fix things that have already been done
I can't even care enough to try at times
I'm out of ideas
I'm out of chances to pass out
And I'm finally at the point where I just don't care enough to care
So with this I say good-bye
With this I close the book
And I call it a game
Words mean nothing
A kiss couldn't change a thing
Suddenly I feel the wind again
And I set myself free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!