Monday, September 15, 2008

...is no longer listed as "in a relationship"

It seems that everyday when I log into facebook I am some how absorbed into the relationship status of 300 people. I find this rather unnecessary. In all honesty, I assume that if there is actually something going on in one of my friends lives, they would tell me, or I would be the friend they talk about it with. I don't need to hear about everyone that I went to high school with that I haven't spoken to since high school. I highly doubt they care about my "relationship status", if me being in a "relationship" is even possible. It's very hard to build something with Sarah Palin standing over me trying to pray away the gay, and her God damn pearl necklace is slapping me in the face.

What I think is funny though, is that I still talk to a few people from my home town, and they are always ready to let me know who got pregnant, who has gotten divorced, and who is already on their second marriage. It's only been five years, and honestly, I don't know how they have all had the time. I haven't found anyone to date for more then a month and a half without them making me want to "scream naked running down a highway jabbing myself in the eyes with hot needles to prove that I am still alive and have not drifted into some catatonic state resembling death without all the perks". What does this say more so about me? That's not the point, at least I'm realizing that the person makes me miserable now instead of in two years when I'm pushing a baby about of my pussy. But, at least they are getting alimony, all I've been able to walk away with is my sanity, and that's wishy-washy at best.

I think there is a midwest syndrome, motto, chant, curse, whatever, that reads something along the lines of, "Be the first in the family to get a high school degree, push out a baby, get married, push out a baby, collect from the government, push out a baby, divorce husband, collect alimony, push out a baby, get remarried, die." I'm pretty sure that is goes in that order, but feel free to move a few things around. This my friends is The American Dream. I say why not have one or two kids, find a relationship that works, and focus on bringing those children up in a house that's better then what you had. Educate your children and don't pump them full of give me grandchildren crap. I don't understand why anyone would even want to be married before 25. Don't you understand that there is an entire world out there to see?? There is more then a dream of possibly crossing the state line. EVERYONE had the potential to do better for themselves, so please, don't count yourself out as a baby making machine. Unplug yourself and run run run.

What I LOVE more then is no longer listed as "in a relationship" is "it's complicated". Bitch, please. If I were dating someone and they put up "it's complicated" as a status, I'd be real quick to clear that up and uncomplicate it for them. Even if I had been dating someone for years, and we were going through a break up, I would hope that they would have other things to think about then changing their damn facebook status. I also LOVE even more when people place nasty noted about their exs on their main pages. "is taking their ass to court", "hopes (insert name) dies", and even better... "is in labor". Seriously. In labor, fucking push it out and get off your computer. I'm waiting to see "just had their water break". Other to come favorites might include, "just had an abortion", "just threw up dinner so i can be pretty", "just cut herself to control the pain", "got cum on their face", "wishes they were pregnant again so her skin could glow", and "is dead".

Mainly this is all rambling, clearly not my best piece ever. But hey, we've all had a bad "piece" before.

P.S. Thomas is no longer listed as "in a relationship".

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE LITTLE PICTURE OF THE BROKEN HEART!!!! DON'T GET MY STARTED, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED.

No comments: