Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Negotiations

I once told you I thought I was in love with you
You said we would talk about it later
Like it was something to negotiate
As if it were within my control
But you knew you held the power

You could have me when you wanted
Ignore me when you couldn't handle me
Place yourself all over me
And be gone before I had any idea what happened

6 months to late
An effort better left unforgiven
Trying to tie up loose ends and make amends
How did this all turn into me being the issue
You forever the victim as you call the shots

I think you think I don't know
And I know how you work
I know how you live
What you think and how you feel
I know everything there is to know about you
And you don't have all the strength you project

I'm going to crush you
I'm going to make you feel
I'm going to see you crack
And I'm going to be there to pick you up

I once told you I thought I was in love with you
You said we would talk about it later...

No comments: