Tuesday, August 26, 2008

90's Habits

"It can only be a habit or a phase for so long. And then it's just who you are."


My Divorce Song

I'm a product of divorce
And I've never seen a relationship work
At least not until I was long out of town
I've never trusted anyone
Not even myself

I'm a product of divorce
It's a trendy 90s thing
All the baby boomers couldn't keep it together
And now no one believes in forever
And tomorrow is just a stone throw and a guess away

I think I'm done bouncing back
I think I'm done slamming aginst this wall
Im just going to keep going
Walking away until I'm gone

I'm a product of divorce
It's the new American trend
The new American family
The kind we are all fighting for the sanctanty of

Now the same blood in two homes
Weeks and weekdays
Car trips and suitcases always packed
Where is home this week
Or is it Wednesday and I'm moving to the other

I'm just a twenty something kid
A product of the divorce trend
My parents couldn't keep it together
And I'm just here to tie up their loose ends.

No comments: