Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Moving

Over the course of the last 5 and a half years I have lived in a ton of places in NYC. Some good, some bad, and now, alone.

Lexington and 23rd.

I was going to SVA at the time, sophomore year, and I had just broken up with my ex of a few years. It was my first time living alone, if you could call it that. I essentially lived in an 8x6 room with a bathroom and go kitchen. It was a dorm room style place, but dorms in NYC are unlike anywhere else in the us. People don't leave their doors open, there are no parties and everyone thinks they are an artist that is just to deep to breathe. Give me a fucking break. I hated that school, but I also meet some awesome people. Verena as there for me during my break up as I cried and essentially went through it for a couple months. The Philanthropy Girl was three for me during school, classes, Mexican Mondays, and all our ridiculous films. The apartment was gross, overpriced, had roaches and a plastic mattress. At the time, I loved it.

Long island city

After Lexington I moves to long island city for a brief time, maybe 3 months. I moved into a photographers loft and saved up for an apartment. I was working at David Barton gym selling gym memberships and hating every moment of it. I eventually got let go and got a job at Foodbar. The photographer and I ended up fighting a lot, turned into a weird situation and eventually I moves out, to jersey city...

Jersey city

You know what, I'm bored with just writing this post. I can't imagine anyone would want to read it. Honestly, there is no huge pay off with this. I don't get my heart broken, chlamydia, aids, I don't beat anyone up and eventually I move into my own one bedroom in hell's kitchen. That's where I live now, love it.

The end.

No comments: