Monday, February 16, 2009

2 Slices

She's Not in the Plane

I used to play in the backyard with my sister. Ever time a plane would fly by, I'd look to the sky, point and tell her that it was my aunt watching. Flying by just to check on us. She had a great job in a big city, so she couldn't come around anymore. My sister would always tell me I was wrong, it wasn't her, and she was not in that plane. She would say that my aunt didnt care, and that's why she stopped coming around. At 7 years old I knew I was right, my aunt was in that plane, she desperatly wanted to see us, but something was holding her back. At 24, I know I was wrong, my sister was right, and my aunt had cheased to care.

No Connections

I'm working a party in midtown Manhattan. A little boy showed me his Star Wars toy. Darth Vadar, his favorite, is the voice of James Earl Jones. He then tells me his grandmother used to date James Earl Jones. She wanted to marry him and he said no. It just hit me, this 6 year old has more connections then I do. My life sucks.

2 comments:

FIT HOT GUYS said...

If u haven't published a book; check into self-publishing; I find your writing moving, soul-searching and just plain good. best WAYNE

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog