Sunday, January 4, 2009

No One in Common

No One in Common

I'm glad we know none of the same people
No one ever brings you up
Then I'm blindsided
Frozen
I don't know what I'd do if you walked in the room
I don't know how I'd respond of you said hi
If you hugged me
I can't imagine myself in your presence anymore
I've forgotten how it feels to kiss you
But I can't forget your tattoo
It's double meaning
I don't hate you
But I doubt I'll ever talk to you again
I'll never make that effort again
And I don't think you'll ever care enough to ever try yourself
So how can I know all this
Take it as fact
And still be caught
I think I'm more afraid of the silence then the truth
I may always wonder about you in the back of my mind
I remember you telling me about how they had cheated on you
And I remember thinking how impossible that would be for me
I couldn't imagine ever wanting a moment away from you
Or with someone else ever again
Maybe it's a good thing that things didn't go that far
How empty would I feel now if I had actually gotten that far with you
You can only miss what you didn't have for so long
Right?
I'm glad we know none of the same people
No one ever brings you up
But no one has to
I still bring you up enough to myself

No comments: