Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Happy Thing About Sad Music

Would You Like to Stick It In?


I've always been someone that related with music more so then even the people around me in my life. I think it would be awesome if everyone had a headphone jack on their body, you could walk up and just plug in and listen to who they are. I wonder at times what song would be blaring from my bones. If people could really just plug into me I'm pretty most of the world would think I am crazy, all over the place, bi-polar, and maybe even beautiful.

I've found that there really is a song for every emotion that runs through your body. There is always some melody to drive you deeper and further into anything you are feeling. Time after time in acting classes I've used just a few strings to bring me to tears, make me jump up and down, make me laugh, and everything in between.

The wonderful thing about sad music is that it makes you feel like you aren't the only one in the world that has gone through something. It's not the same as misery loves company but more simply knowing that someone else has been there. It gives you hope that things will get better, it makes you feel less alone. It's awesome when a singer or song writer has a sad song followed by a happy song, it's the light at the end of the tunnel. If there was no pain, then how would you recognize happiness? And vice versa.

With my iPod being on random over the last week or so I've been reintroduced to songs that I've long forgotten and that bring so many moments back to me. My first inclination was to post the sad song that interrupted my gym work out today, but fuck it, I don't feel like being sad right now. So here is a happy kind of fun one that I burned onto a CD for one of my sisters over the weekend. Enjoy!



Thursday night,
everything's fine,
Except you've got that look in your eyes,
when I'm telling a story
And you find it boring you're thinking of something to say.
You'll go along with and then drop it
And you humiliate me, in front of our friends.

Then I'll use that voice what you find annoyin'
And say something like
"intelligent input darlin' why don't you just have another beer then?"

Then you call me a bitch and everyone we're with will be embarrassed,
and I won't give a shit.

My fingertips are holding onto the
cracks in our foundations,
and I know that I should let go,
but I can't.
And everytime we fight I know it's not right,
everytime that you're upset and I smile
I know I should forget, but I can't.

You said I must eat so many lemons,
'cause I am so bitter.
I said "I'd rather be with your friends mate,
'cause they are much fitter"

Yes it was childish
and you got aggressive
and I must admit that I was a bit scared,
but it gives me thrills to wind you up.

Your face is pasty,
'cause you've gone and got so wasted,
what a surprise,
don't want to look at your face,
'cause it's making me sick.

You've gone and got sick on my trainers,
I only got these yesterday.
Oh my gosh, I cannot be bothered with this.

Well I'll leave you there till the mornin',
and I purposely won't turn the heating on
and dear God, I hope I'm not stuck with this one.

And every time we fight I know it's not right,
every time that you're upset and I smile.
I know I should forget, but I can't.

No comments: