Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mommy Says

That anger I've been looking for, I think I just found it.

I think who you are now, that's who you're going to be when you are 80. I still need to grow.


And I know, I'm the most judgmental person you've ever known.

I'm the most a lot of things that you've ever known.

I think my anger dwells from this irrational need to save. I always want to save people. Help them. "Help". "Help" as I see it. Mommy says, "You need help". Maybe I just need to accept people for who they are? Maybe I should just settle and be ok with what I have? Maybe I should stop wanting more?

I hate this feeling in my stomach, this pit. I want to fill it with something, nothing hits the spot.

"Sometimes you bore me so much I want to run screaming down a highway, naked, jabbing myself with hot needles, just to prove to myself that I am indeed alive, that I haven't drifted into some catatonic state resembling death but without its rewards"
-Alan Ball 'the M word'

No comments: