Sunday, October 11, 2009

-----> Here <-----



I decided that today would be a good day for a jog in Central Park, just something to clear my head. Lately it's been cluttered and I haven't exactly been able to figure out how to clear it all out.

As I slowed down I thought about lying the grass, but noticed a rock in the not too far distance. I made my way over to the rock and as I stood at the top, I looked down. Below my feet was the inscription, "Jesus was here".

A smile spread across my face, and I felt like a wonderful first kiss. I felt safe for a moment, and I laughed. I laughed because I were taking life too seriously and this was exactly what I needed to make myself forget.

This also got me thinking, "I wonder if Jesus ever wrote these words". Perhaps as a child he wrote his name on things like children do. Although I'm sure that Jesus never visited this section of Central Park, I know he is there all the time. I wonder if Jesus ever went through stages of "finding himself". I wonder if he ever broke some ones' heart, or maybe his own? I wonder if Jesus ever made any of the same mistakes that I have, that everyone has.

I wonder if Jesus ever sat in silence at 6am on a sunday morning and wished for a noise. For something to remind him that there is life all around him. Did anyone ever have to tell him to just breathe, and that everything will be ok?

No comments: