Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 1 of SP Florida trip

LGA-> MCO (Orlando International Airport)

After sleeping for a mer 3 hours, after working Saturday night, I was up and getting dressed, waiting for my bus to pick me up and take me to LGA. I hadn't ever used AirLink before, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It only cost 17 dollars for them to pick you up at your door and drive you to the airport. I was expecting a huge white van to come barreling down the road, but I was surprised to see a shinny black Escalade parked in front of my building. What I didn't expect was then being driven form my apartment in Hell's Kitchen to the upper east side to pick up another passenger, then through the suburbs of Queens for yet another. It took almost an hour and a half to reach the airport, which should have taken 45 minutes. Never again AirLink, never again.

Clearing security, it was time for breakfast. My flight had an hour delay, so there was time to kill. My options for 10:30am included pizza, Burger King, and soft serve ice cream. I bee lined for the ice cream, added some fruit, a little granola, and was able to convince myself that it was the best choice. An hour later I was in line at Burger King, the ice cream hadn't done the trick. The Burger King, on the other hand, did a trick on my stomach. The plane ride was not one I'd describe as pleasurable.

My buddy, Geoff, greeted me at the airport where we then drove to the Cheesecake Factory. YES! I FUCKING LOVE THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!! There isn't one inside NYC, so when I leave to go to another large city I always try to track down the nearest mall and gorge myself until I feel like I will burst. Over dinner I was telling Geoff about how great the last Smashing Pumpkins concert I attended was and that I really thought he would enjoy the Orlando show. That's when it hit me, I was in FL, and my tickets to all the shows are back in NYC. I'm usually a very organized person, I don't forget things (although sometimes I wish I could), and I am always on time. But, had I really forgotten the tickets to the concerts that were the entire reason for me flying to FL?? Yes, I had. Being late Sunday night, Ticket Master was already closed, so I had to wait until this morning to call. Have no fear, the tickets will be at will call waiting for me.

That night, after Cheesecake, we went back to his apartment, napped, and then headed out to some random gay club in downtown Orlando. It's weird to walk into a club filled with people and not know a soul. Oddly enough, I've run into people that I know every time I travel, Hawaii, Paris, and even in Thailand. I'm used to going out in NYC where I can leave my apartment alone, go anywhere, and know that I will always just find someone to chill with. Here though, the playing field is different and I felt self conscious and wanted to lye under the radar, so I did.

The night ended in drunken McDonalds, a perfect top off of the otherwise healthy meals I had been eating all day.

This morning I was hungover, laying in bed, and forced myself up to shower. Call Ticket Master, and then headed to the gym and pool that is down the street from Geoff's building. I now sit waiting for him to return from class so we can head to the House of Blues for show #1.

T

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really really like your blog, and the weirdest thing is that i feel related to everything you are living.

Runescape Gold said...

so in this blog is very nice post
Great information to in this post
for more information see: RS Gold at http://www.rsgoldfast.com/